Thursday, January 15, 2009

Violin lessons

So I practiced my violin today for 1/2 hour while the kiddies played! Yay me! I did some scales and then realized I have completely forgotten how to read music for violin so I looked up the fingering charts on the internet and am starting the re-learn it. Then, get this, I learned to play Twinkle Little Star! I was excited and my 4-year-old thought I was nuts. I am excited to get back to playing after many years. My 7-year-old is also starting lessons so I plan on practicing with her. I've been wanting to pick up my violin for years but have been busy having babies and I never knew how to tune it. I still don't as of right now but we had a member of our bishopric come over on the weekend who is a violinist and he tuned it up for me. So I thought, ok no more excuses, I'm not getting any younger. Hopefully I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment